The Services are not intended for children. We ask that minors (persons under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to Pomelo or use the Services.
Pomelo strongly believes in the protection of personal information, and we understand that people have different levels of comfort with sharing personal information. Therefore, we limit the information we collect at the level of specificity that is believed to be useful or to improve the usability and reliability of our services. All personal information entered into a Pomelo Application or Website by a Service Provider will not be independently verified by Pomelo.
- We encrypt personalized areas of our Platforms using SSL.
- We regularly review and upgrade our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Pomelo employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with Pomelo are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
USE OF INFORMATION
Pomelo requires basic information about Service Providers, such as name and phone number, address, email address and password to secure the account for authentication and access purposes. We use such information to improve the quality and reliability of our services.
The Platforms may also store information about the Service Provider’s and their client’s training schedules, income and payment history, address book, products/services/pricing, and pictures they can optionally load.
Pomelo does not share any information provided by a Service Provider, including client information, without consent of Service Provider, with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of Pomelo, unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- ONLY with your Consent will we share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Pomelo family.
- Compliance with the Legal Process - It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information and/or information about your activities as a Pomelo Service Provider when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if Pomelo has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (a) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of Pomelo and its customers.
- Information you provide about a Third Party - If you choose to tell a friend about our Services, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Services. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program, and do not use this information for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be advised that, when you use the refer-a-friend functionality through our Services, your email address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
UPDATING AND ELIMINATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Only Service Providers will have access to personal information, which can be updated or deleted by the Service Provider.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Therefore, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
You can close your account through Pomelo’s customer service portal. If you close your Pomelo account, we will remove your name and other personal information and profile. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain data provided by you, if Pomelo believes it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes; such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. Pomelo disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information.
Using Pomelo’s Services after a notice of changes has been sent to you or published on our Websites or Applications shall constitute consent to any changed terms, policies or practices.
HOW TO CONTACT US